Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hanging Garden update

Yesterday my friend S hit the big four-oh. The celebrations kicked off with a long lunch with friends, then S and I retired to a very nice pub in Hammersmith, where we lounged on sofas, drank champagne, [I knitted some sock,] and set out our goals for 2008, before rounding off the evening with a visit to the cinema to see Charlie Wilson's War. It was a thoroughly enjoyable day.

I didn't finish S's birthday stole in time . In fact, due to staying late at work this week, I've only managed a couple of rows in the evening before falling asleep. However, several hours relaxing in front of the telly today allowed for much knitting, and what you see here are three pattern repeats. [The flash has completely drained the yarn's beautiful colour, so a closer representation is below.] My new deadline is the first week of February, which is when S and I are due to meet next, so clearly I need to move it up a gear.




4 comments:

Soo said...

I have this pattern on my to-do list too. Yours is looking great so far.

(The difference between the colours in those 2 shots is amazing!)

moneymelon said...

Elly, I had no idea you were so accomplished in your lacework! Then again, the pub's not the best place to work on lace.

I move to London this weekend. It'd be great to see you at SnB in Angel or IKL if you've got a spare evening!

jx

Anonymous said...

those two pics are of the same shawl? wow. in either color it would be beautiful!

i came here from a ravelry pm you sent...it looks like we're living parallel knitting lives - i think we've been knitting a lot of the same patterns...melon, swallowtail, print o' the wave...

what are you knitting next?

you have a lovely blog. i'll stop by again sometime!

Joker Gaming said...

the best information I can get is here for my reference. the information you provide is quite detailed and full of ease in understanding it, I will tell others to visit your site. Thank you.

Joker123