Saturday, March 03, 2007

This time I’m really back

It’s March, and I last posted properly in January, eek.

So as not to bore you witless, some bullet points of the past six weeks.

<
Sorting and clearing
Days (and nights, sometimes 48-hour shifts) I have toiled, reminisced, cried, packed things for charity, for rubbish and others for storage.

< Boxes
Newly-developed ability to turn flat-pack into a box in nano-seconds

< Gales
Normally not especially noteworthy, in this case however, a crucial element affecting the logistics of my move

< Stress
Fatigue, tears. There has been shouting.

< Hotel
Wonderful hotel room with modern, trendy bathroom You have no idea what a walk-in shower means to me

< Commuting
Hate the early wake-up call, but LOVE the G&T at the bar in the evenings

< My birthday
Dinner here

< Appreciating my friends and family
Nuff said

I am still in the hotel, and much as I am loathe to leave it, I am in all likelihood moving back home next week. Which is not ready and NOWHERE near the state I had envisaged, not even close. All that hope and optimism about a better future in my new year’s post? A long, long, LONG way to go baby.

Still, on the positive side, much progress has been made. I can’t fault the work so far, I just wish there had been more of it. And there is a plan in place for the next stage to keep my sanity.

Right, that’s enough of that. This is a knitting blog and my next posts will be about the knitting.

No comments: