Monday, May 21, 2007

I often wonder what my neighbours think of the constant steam of mostly squishy packages laid at my door. On Friday, one such package in bright, pink plastic was delivered. In fact B found it when he went up to leave some shopping, while I waited in the car, on our way for a quick drink. This time, postie had left it under the doormat, which does little to conceal it from would-be burglars, but presumably allowed one to see beyond the glare of the package! Anyway, B stepped out waving this neon pink package; clearly he has come to understand the importance of uniting me with my yarn as quickly as possible.

Inside the pink plastic was the same colour tissue paper. I refused to expose the yarn to too much pubness, but all this pink made it difficult to see the colour of the yarn, which surrounded by the packaging, seemed apricot, not what I was after at all. Thankfully, the colour is closer to red and is very, very pretty.


Red is a notoriously difficult colour to photograph, and combined with this weekend's poor light, these pictures don't reflect the colour at all well, although this one taken with a flash gives a slight indication of the different hues.

The yarn is Posh Yarn's Sophia, a pure cashmere laceweight, in Red Admiral. For some time, I've been on the look-out for bright red laceweight for a friend's shawl; a few weeks ago, PY had the perfect pillar-box red, but of course it was snapped up by the time I remembered. The Red Admiral is probably not as bright as my friend would like, but I'm still confident that she'll love it.


Another recent delivery was from ColourMart, whose cashmere yarns and service receives only the hightest praise in blogland, forums and lists. This is their sample pack, isn't it good? Enough of each yarn in their range for a decent swatch, against the labels describing them, plus 250 yards of DK cashmere. Once I've got my head around the washing instructions (the yarns are oiled) I definitely hope to be using some of the laceweight in the future.

Finally, on a tenuous knitting-related theme, I took my shiny new iPod, the Nike + attachment (what a fantastic gadget) and Lime and Violet for a brisk walk this week. Back in the day, when I used to run regularly, I would listen to music, but now that I'm so unfit and lacking the motivation and routine, Miss Lime and Miss Violet are the perfect companions, and the thirty minutes not only raced by, but I had so much fun too. This week, I shall be starting a walk/run programme, and with 35 plus back episodes of L&V to catch-up on, am thoroughly looking forward to it!



1 comment:

Gerard said...

that's so funny - I'm re-joining the gym today and was going to catch up on a podcast or two. (I'll be lucky! I'll probably only be there for 10 mins!!!)
Gxx