Thursday, May 24, 2007

No more exams, EVAH

For reasons that I won't bore you with, tonight was the first evening in several weeks that I left work without having to continue the day's toil later at home, or dreading the next day. It was such an odd feeling, this light-heartedness, it reminded me of school or university, that feeling on the last day of exams, the knowledge THAT I DIDN'T HAVE TO REVISE EVER AGAIN EVAH,............. or at least until the next semester. Ok, maybe it wasn't quite like that, but really, I was so unexpectedly light-hearted, I didn't quite know what to do with myself, and at such short notice, had no-one to play with. How sad.

Even though I still left a good couple of hours later than the norm, it was a fine evening and I was in a Good Mood. I didn't want to waste it at home. I toyed with the idea of going to I Knit London's group meet, but bizarrely felt a little inadequate with only a sock-in-progress with me. In the end, I treated myself to a couple of glasses of expensive wine al fresco, worked on a geeky personal project on the laptop and knitted on said sock.

Back at home, I had the choice of working on the PotW or winding a skein of the PY Sophia to prepare for swatching. I turned on the telly, and Notting Hill was just about to start. Ok, ok, not the best film in the world, but still one that makes me laugh and makes me cry - in short, the perfect film for me tonight. I reached for the Sophia et voilĂ , one ball ready for knitting.


Which brings me to the Actual Point of this post: which is that I forgot to say last time how amazing this yarn is. So, so soft; so utterly, gorgeously beautiful to touch. I love this yarn.

No comments: