Sunday, October 15, 2006

I went to Ally Pally this week for the Knitting and Stitching Show. It was my first time and it didn't disappoint, it was eff-ay-bee.

I loved being able to look and touch beautiful yarn that I have been drooling over on the internet. It was particularly exciting that Cheryl Potter from
Cherry Tree Hill was there, and I came away with a skein of Supersock and a pattern for a vest that I am going to make for my father.

I went with Gerard and we focused on the yarn stalls. We both thought the new Sirdar range, Sublime, looked like Rooster, yarn, brochure, image. Talking of Rooster, did anyone see the fabulous knitted sofa cover? Now, that would look very nice in my study.

I would have loved to look at all the other non-knitting stalls, but I'm glad I didn't. I would have ended up buying things and starting new projects, and right now life is simply too chaotic to allow for any other crafts.

It was great to see Gerard being recognised so much - hopefully, I will be seeing him and Craig behind their own I Knit London stall next year! In fact, one of the best things about the day was meeting other knitters, bloggers or LYS owners, although one person was heard to say that their shop was too high-end for Ally Pally. Oh, we laughed about that over a glass of wine in the pub afterwards. Miaow.

No comments: