Saturday, July 07, 2007

Thank you SO much for the good wishes about my impending auntydom, I was very touched, and for the baby pattern suggestions. They all look like excellent recommendations, and I know mum-to-be will love them.

So I've not blogged for a while, it's been an incredibly busy couple of weeks. On the few nights I have actually been at home, I've been too tired to do anything other than watch telly and catch up on the latest goings-on in blogland. Oh, and Ravelry.


I am completely hooked on Ravelry. Not because it makes organising and showcasing your WIPs and FOs easy [which it does], not because it provides the opportunity to be inspired by craftmanship and talent from all over the worldwide web [which it does], but because it is the BEST resource library. As one who likes to research the web for examples of a particular yarn or pattern, Ravelry is a complete godsend. Just today, I was thinking of a shawl I'm considering for a gift later in the year, I just typed it in to Ravelry, and page after page of WIPs and FOs were loaded for my review. Then I tapped in the yarn I wanted to use, again, pages of instances of the yarn in projects or in stash were there for me to see [it was a huge thrill for me to find my PotW in the pattern and Zephyr searches]. And that's just the tip of the iceberg - there is so much to see and do, it's a fabulous site, so if you're still waiting for your invitation [as of this weekend, there are 9,802 on the waiting list] be patient, it's worth it.

Speaking of the PotW, with the help of the Gilmore Girls season 1 I finished knitting the border last weekend, and today I got around to grafting the ends. There are still some ends to weave in, but I'll see to those after blocking, which I hope to do sometime this week. There, I've said it out loud, publicly committed myself to blocking the stole. See the projects in the sidebar? In addition to the PotW, four of them are finished, as in there is NO KNITTING left to be done, but they have all been sitting around for months waiting to be blocked. But today, I made ready two huge towels and the (as yet unused) dressing wires from Heirloom Knitting. No excuses left.


With the PotW finished, I was at a real loss today for something to knit. I had my next main project picked out some time ago, but am still undecided about the yarn. So today I worked on a sock, but it was all rather unsatisfying; I do like to have a big project to work on at home, particularly now to accompany me on Gilmore Girls season 2!

Dear me, this is a tedious post, isn't it? I'll stop now, just wanted to say hello and thanks again for the nice words. Knitters are the BEST people.

2 comments:

Piglottie said...

Thank you for your comments on my blog. Must say, the Print o the Waves is having a bit of stuttery start but I think I shall perservere :) Lucky you getting on Ravelry already - I'm still waiting which is maybe a good thing as where will I find the time to knit lol.

Lien said...

Did you ever put up a picture of your blocked PotW? The in progress shots look so much like mine that I figure I could have a preview if I saw yours!