Monday, June 05, 2006

The Big Knit In

After several hours in traffic (roadworks in Kings Cross, Angel and the A13), I finally got to the The Big Knit In at Brighton's Grand Parade campus. I arrived too late to see the speed trials or the fashion show (gah), but managed to look around at the various tables and the yummy yarns and books (so much better than on line). Really, really wanted to buy the latest Debbie Bliss book, so that I can start on the tab button jacket, but without any yarn to start knitting, it would have been too frustrating.

I contented myself with a glass of wine and sat and knitted a few rows of Marlowe. Then I visited the art exhibition in the foyer. If I'm honest, I don't spend a lot of time in galleries, but I really did enjoy this one, partly because of the work on show, but also it took me back to another age. In particular, I remembered my first love, Peter's exhibits, while he was an art student - I even featured in them - and all the hard work and preparation for them.

More traffic on the way back, but really, the weather was so fantastic the entire day, you couldn't really complain. I even managed to get a couple of chores done, so all in all, an eventful day for me!

No comments: