Saturday, June 10, 2006

Can you spare any change?

I knew that this month was going to be tight financially, but only nine days into the month, I have just £75 left, and that's not even my money, but what's left of my overdraft.

eeeek - a quick review of what I will need to dispense with:


1) Driving to work (petrol, parking and congestion charge = one small fortune
2) Pizza - I am astonishly lazy at the weekends and the pizza delivery boys are my best friends. My figure and my heart will thank me for this hiatus.
3) Going to the
spa tonight with Sarah. Can't even remember the last time I pampered myself, looks like I will have to wait a little longer.
4) the Debbie Bliss tab button cardigan from wish you were here. Very annoyed about this, as I had planned to have it ready in time for my department's away day at the end of the month.

The fourth one is quite distressing; knitting is essential to my wellbeing, what with all the crap going on in my life at the moment. I still have the top of the front of Marlowe to complete, but my OCD dictates that I can't work on Marlowe at home. Luckily, just minutes before I checked my balance, I had just ordered the
sock starter kit from Web of Wool. I can't wait till it arrives - I've never knitted a sock before and I think the complexity and size will be the perfect project to keep me occupied till pay day, when I will book a day of beauty treatments, and buy lots of yarn.

Right, I've been indoors all day missing the glorious sunshine, and it's a beautiful evening - am off to a barbecue tonight. A few bottles is small outlay for a good time with good people.