Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ha ha, I have signed up for Sock Wars, organised by the indefatigable Yarn Monkey. And I haven't even finished First Socks number 2 yet. This will be my first exchange and I'm so looking forward to it, although fully expecting to be out in the first round!

One of the appealing aspects for many participants is the stash-busting opportunity it provides, but the only sock yarn I have in my stash, the lovely LL Shepherd Sock yarn pictured below is destined for me. What it does mean, however, that until the Sock Wars pattern is revealed, I can buy more yarn in readiness. Oh my, the hardship.

As one of my bamboo dpns is broken, I've ordered another set of five, this time in aluminium. First Socks was the first time I had knitted with non-aluminium needles, and although I have no complaints and will continue to use them, bamboo needles are not the most robust tools (another one has bent slightly), and it doesn't hurt to have a sturdier pair to hand (literally). I really like the look of the Knit Picks nickel-plated needles, but they don't ship outside North America. What a shame, they look so pointy and so stylish.

No comments: