Sunday, September 17, 2006

Another week, and more yarn purchases, but not for new projects. Earlier in the week, I received Lucia sock yarn from Posh Yarns, one skein each in Mulberry and Scuffle. The Scuffle was initially intended for my Sock Wars assassination target, but since yarn specifications were announced, they are both now headed for stash. Must. Not. Touch. Till. Two. WIPs. Are. Completed.

Today, I bought a ball each of Rooster's DK in grape and DB Baby Cashmerino in red. One of these will be my actual DK for the Sock Wars. I also bought 3.0mm, 3.5mm and 4.0mm DPNs, and, with six days till war, now I just need to find the time to swatch.

Progress on My Oh So Beautiful Sock continues slowly. I took it to my first Knitflicks visit today to see Black Dahlia. I really did enjoy knitting at the cinema very much, although the film's story required one to concentrate all the time, as does picking up the instep stitches. Needless to say, I lost the plot several times, and was looking forward to talking about it with the other knitters in the café afterwards.

Only there was no café afterwards. I was a bit sad about this, as I'd really wanted to thank Claire for organising it, but there were no knitters in the bar, so after a wander round the crafts on display in the foyer, I took myself off down the road to I Knit London, where Gerard informed me that the café at the Ritzy was upstairs. [I really could kick myself, as I have actually eaten there before].

Anyway, I had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at IKL. I bought the Rooster and DB, Gerard made me cups of tea, and I spent a couple of hours knitting and chatting
.

No comments: