Sunday, September 10, 2006

I have long been wanting to knit my first shawl, and after weeks of surfing research, finally decided on Cozy (how cool does that chick look pairing it with jeans?). Having found the perfect pattern, I then spent a lot of time looking for the right yarn; given that this will be my first attempt at shawl knitting, requires a lot of yarn, must (if successful) match both casual and work wardrobes, I have looked at and considered a mind-boggling number of different fibres, textures and weights.

Then this week, I decided to knit the shawl for someone else. This made the correct yarn choice even more important, and so I took myself off to
Stash and came away with two skeins of malabrigo pure merino wool in pagoda. It's a bit thicker than I would have liked, but the colour is just so gorgeous, a deep autumnal russet (not as pink as these pictures. Just hope the shawl's intended recipient loves it as much as I do.

No comments: